|Hundreds of women-owned businesses in the Upstate|
South Carolina ranked #4 in the U.S. for women-owned businesses last year; with ~11.6 million women-owned businesses in the country, and 164,000 of those here in S.C. (generating ~$15.7 billion in sales).
CommunityWorks – a GVL-based nonprofit offering financial services to underserved populations – prides itself on supporting underrepresented (i.e. women + minority) entrepreneurs in the Upstate + across S.C. They’ve given $3,973,995 in loans to small business owners in less than 10 years, meaning they know a thing or two about small businesses.
|Fresh Vibes juice bar, a woman-owned business in Rock Hill | photo provided by CommunityWorks|
|Here are 8 small, women-owned businesses they’ve supported or watched grow in the Upstate + across S.C.:
○ Noteability (music school)
○ The Vintage Barber (barbershop)
○ Once Upon a Dream (princess parties)
○ Bohicket Road (beach life in a bag)
○ Au Courant Interiors (home decorating whiz)
○ Fresh Vibes (juice bar and coffee shop)
○ Facez by Cynthia (specializing in threading and lash extensions)
○ XF Studio Salon (hair salon)